Bajre ki Roti | Bajra Roti
Bajra ki roti is an Indian flatbread made with pearl millet flour aka bajra in the hindi langualge. This bajre ki roti ate with sarso ka saag, palak paneer etc.
Let’s learn how to make bajra roti. I have shown the exact steps of making it in the video.
Bajre ki roti is a traditional food of the Rajasthan state in India. It is used often with dal, sarso ka saag etc.
It is also known as bajre ki roti, bajra roti, bajra ki roti etc. They are just name of the same dish.
It is also popular in other North Indian states like Haryana, Punjab, UP etc. We generally have this in the winter.
Apply lots of desi ghee or homemade butter on top of it for the best taste.
Generally, sarso ka saag tastes best with it. But, you can have it with palak paneer, any dal recipe etc.
I used to have a lot in the winter. I make this roti at dinner almost every day of the week.
Bajre ki Roti Recipe Video
Bajre ki Roti
- 1 cup bajra aata
- ¼ cup wheat flour gehu aata
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 glass water
- Take 1 cup bajra aata and ¼ cup wheat flour and put them in a big bowl or parat
- Add ¼ tsp salt to it.
- Mix them well.
- Add water little by little and knead them well.
- Knead it for 2-3 minutes at least.
- And let it wait for 5-7 minutes.
- Pinch a ball of dough. And make it a round shape.
- Dip it into wheat flour on both sides.
- Roll it slowly with the help of a rolling pin (belan). Roll it until its size becomes 6-7 inches.
- Heat the tawa on a gas stove.
- place the rolled roti on it.
- The rest steps are the same as wheat flour roti.
- Flip it once it partially cooks from one side.
- Hold roti with the chimta (tongs) when the other side cooked more than the earlier one.
- Place the roti on the flames with the first cooked side.
- The roti will puff well. Flip the roti with tongs.
- And cook the other side of the roti.
- Once the brown spots come it means it is cooked.
- Apply desi ghee to it and enjoy it.
Did you try this recipe?
Click a picture and mention @foodyshoodyofficial or tag #foodyshoodyofficial us on Instagram.
Subscribe to our Youtube Channel
Subscribe to our Youtube Channel and stay updated with our latest video recipes.
If you want to ask about this recipe or give suggestions. Then you can tell us in a comment section. We would love to hear from you. And please give a star rating below.
If you like this post, then please consider retweeting it or sharing it on Facebook or Pinterest.