This post is also available in: हिन्दी
Kalakand is a sweet made by reducing milk. There are other two main ingredients like paneer and sugar in it. And flavoured with cardamom powder and garnished with pista etc.
This sweet is often sold in the sweet shop but people are afraid to make this in the home. But they do not know that it is an easy dish not difficult to make.
It is a little moist, grainy texture sweet dish ofter serve in barfi shape. You can also have it without setting it in the barfi shape.
It is often bought at Diwali, Raksha Bandhan festival etc. But people buy it from a sweets shop.
You can further read my other sweet recipe.
- Always use full cream milk for this recipe.
- If you do not want to make your own paneer, then buy fresh paneer from dairy shop.
- The dry fruits can be added or avoided in this recipe.
- Make sure do not overcook the kalakand mixture till it dries up completely. Otherwise it will not be soft.
Kalakand Recipe Video
Kalakand Recipe | How to make Kalakand
- 2 litre full cream milk
- 1 lemon juice
- 3-4 cardamom seeds powder
- 100 gm sugar as per taste
- Take a patella and add a little bit of water and then 1-litre milk in it for boiling. We added water so that milk does not stick to the bottom.
- Once the milk is boiled, stir it with a spoon and turn off the gas.
- After 5-7 minutes once it is a little cool down, add a little bit of lemon juice and stir it continuously. Again add little lemon juice and stir it continuously.
- You will see that paneer is starting form.
- Now rinse the paneer in the sieve and wash it with fresh water.
- Take a kadhai and add a little bit of water to it. and add 1-litre full cream milk and boil it on medium flame.
- Reduce the milk to half and continuously stir between that.
- Add paneer in it and mix it well.
- Stir it in between and add 3-4 cardamom seeds powder and mix it well.
- Now add 100 gm sugar or ½ cup sugar in it and mix it well.
- Sugar will release water. And you need to continuously stir it so that it does not stick to the pan.
- Once all the water evaporate and the mixture becomes a soft lump. Then remove it in a greased plate or box for setting it up and cutting it into squares.
- Garnish it with chopped kaju, badam and pista.
- Once it is set, cut in squares and serve it.
If you want to ask anything related to this recipe or give any suggestions. Then you can tell us in a comment section. We would love to hear from you. And please give a star rating below.
If you like this post, then please consider retweeting it or sharing it on Facebook or Pinterest.