Sprouts Salad Recipe
This post is also available in: हिन्दी
Sprouts salad recipe is a delicious salad and has lots of nutrients. This quick to prepare and easy to make salad recipe is very popular in India.
This salad is made with fresh sprouts, chopped onion, tomatoes, and a few spices.
This salad is a perfect dish which can be shared with the lunch and dinner. Let’s learn how to make sprouts salad at home.
About Sprouts Salad
If you love salad then you will love this sprout salad. This salad is easy to prepare and fills your tummy. And provides lots of nutrients in your meal.
You can have this salad any time for breakfast, lunch or dinner. This satisfies the hunger and gives energy at the same time.
You can use this sprout salad in other chaat recipes like gol gappe(panipuri), bhel puri, dahi papdi etc.
Ingredients of Sprouts Salad
- Sprout: Moong dal sprouts are the base ingredients of this salad. you can make your sprouts or buy from the store or vegetable sellers. I would suggest that you should make your own sprouts.
- Vegetables: In vegetables, we need onion, tomatoes, carrots, green chillies, cucumber etc. You can add or remove vegetables as per your preference.
- Spices: In spices, you need these basic spices which are easily available at home like chaat masala, roasted jeera powder, salt, black pepper powder, red chilli powder, and black salt.
Additional ingredients: You can add boiled potatoes or boiled sweet potatoes to it. If you want to increase its taste further, then add pomegranate to it.
If you are making this recipe for the kids then do not add green chilli and red chillies to this salad.
You can further read my other salad recipes
Moong Sprouts Salad Recipe Video
Sprouts Salad Recipe | How to Make Sprouts Salad
- 1 bowl moong dal
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2-3 green chilli
- 1 carrot
- 2 medium size tomato
- 2 medium size onion
- ¼ glass water
- 2 tsp chaat masala
- 1.5 tsp roasted jeera powder
- 2 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper powder
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- ½ tsp black salt
- Wash the moong dal thoroughly in the running water.
- Then soak it in the water for 12 hours.
- Then put them in a bowl and cover it with a plate. Leave it for 24 hours.
- Wash it again and cover it with a plate and leave it for another 24 hours.
- After 2-3 days you will see the sprouts in it.
- Heat the pan and add 1 tbsp oil to it.
- put the moong sprouts to it.
- Add 1 tsp salt to it.
- Add ¼ glass of water to it and mix it well.
- Cover it with the lid and cook it for 6-7 minutes.
- They will be half cook. Leave it for cooling down.
- Put them in a big bowl.
- Add finely chopped green chillies, chopped carrots, chopped onions, and chopped tomatoes and mix it well.
- Add 1.5 tsp roasted jeera powder, 2 tsp salt, ½ tsp black pepper powder, 2 tsp chaat masala, ½ tsp red chilli powder, and ½ tsp black salt to it.
- And mix it well.
- Your moong sprouts are ready to serve
- You can garnish it will fresh coriander.
- Add a few drops of lemon juice to it for adding sour flavour to it.
- For making it quickly, you can skip the cooking part of the sprouts. Simply just put sprouts and all the ingredients in the bowl and mix it well. This also