Samak Ke Chawal Recipe
Learn how to make samak ke chawal. Below i have mentioned step by step recipe of it.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 1 cup Samak ke chawal (wash it in water and remove the water from it)
- 2 tablespoon cooking oil or desi ghee
- half teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 green chilies finally chopped
- 1 inch ginger finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes chopped in small pieces
- 1 boiled potato chopped in small pieces
- Chopped Coriander for garnishing
- Sendha namak (according to your taste)
- 2 cup water
Add 2 tablespoon of cooking oil or desi ghee in pan and heat it up.
Put the chopped boiled potato in this oil and fry it a little bit. After frying remove it from pan.
Add half teaspoon cumin seed in leftover cooking oil. And let them cook it until its colour changes to light brown
Add finely chopped ginger in it and saute it until the raw flavour of ginger vanishes from it. If
Add 2 finely chopped green chillies in it and saute it until raw flavour of chillies goes away
Add chopped tomatoes in it and saute it until raw flavour of it goes away. If you are not having tomatoes in fasts then avoid it. It is completely optional.
Now add Rock salt (sendha namak) according to your taste and mix it well in tomatoes.
Add roasted potatoes in it and mix it well.
Now add samak ke chawal in it and mix it well.
Add 2 cup of water in it. And mix it will.
Close the lid of the pan and cook it for 8 to 10 minutes
Press samak ke chawal with a finger to check it is cooked or not.
After 8 to 10 minutes the dish is ready. Turn off the gas.
Serve in a serving bowl and garnish it with chopped coriander and lemon juice.
- You can use roasted peanuts in it. It will enhance the taste of the recipe and will add the crunch in the recipe.
- You can use a carrot or any other vegetable in it which you have in fasts.
- Tomatoes are optional. Some people do not have tomatoes in fasts. If you are one of these families then don't add this in the recipe.
- Use twice the quantity of water of chawal. It is the right proportion to cook this recipe.
- You can add black pepper powder in a recipe to enhance the taste. I haven't added in my dish but you can add this also in it.
- If you love the spicy dish then you can add more green chillies in it.