Sabudana Kheer Recipe
Find the ingredients and step by step method of making this sweet dish made with sabudana and milk.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time40 mins
Total Time45 mins
Servings: 4 People
- 1 cup sabudana
- 1 litre milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 10-12 Almond (Badam) increase of decrease quantity according to your choice
- 10-12 Pistachio (Pista) increase of decrease quantity according to your choice
- few strings of Saffron (Kesar)
- 2 tsp Cardamom seeds (elaichi ke dane)
Rinse the sabudana pears from water to remove the starch from it.
Take a pan and boil the milk in it.
After boiling the milk, simmer the gas stove.
Add 5-6 strings of kesar (Saffron )in milk, so that the flavor and colour of kesar mix in it.
Add washed sabudana in it. And mix it well.
Keep it cook on low flame. And stir it after every few minutes.
Add crushed cardamom seeds (elaichi ke dane) in it, when milk reduced to half in quantity. And stir it.
Now add sugar. And stir it.
Add little bit of badam and pista in it.
After 2-3 minutes turn of the gas stove.
Garnish it with badam and pista.
- Adjust the sugar level according to your taste.
- You can add cardamom seeds powder in it also.
- You can add cashew (kaju), kishmish (raisin ), etc in it.
- You can garnish it with kesar also.
- Add more milk in the kheer and make it little thin consistency if you want to serve cold. It becomes thick after cooling.